Thursday, July 1, 2010

Arrangements

The blogging challenge for the month of July is to write a blog for each letter in alphabetical order as though composing entries in an encyclopedia. A is for Arrangements. Today my mother rearranged my Indiana bedroom by moving the bed so that the headboard is flush against the westernmost wall. By the westernmost wall, I mean the only wall is west, as the Indiana bedroom is a square that is to my knowledge very much in compliance with the grid organizing Bloomington, Indiana into neighborhoods and parking lots and fields. I like this arrangement because I have never slept against this wall and it feels more like the room is a rocket ship.

I am not confident in my arrangement of this blog entry, but I am confident my arrangement of my most recent mix cd, Sounds of Summer 2010, which is basically like Part A: Catchy (Like a G6 by Far*East Movement)
Part B: Comforting (Dancing in the Dark by Bruce Springsteen)
Part C: Angsty (Electric Feel by MGMT)
Part D: Chill (Your Love by Nicki Minaj)
Part E: Nostalgic (Black Cadillacs by Modest Mouse).

I will burn and mail you a copy if you comment on this blog entry, and I will even decorate the envelope with stickers.

9 comments:

  1. OMG! I seriously want that CD! I'm so happy you're doing this challenge, because as you know, I love your blog.

    I especially want to hear that Minaj woman because of your tweets!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's still July 1, so I'm adding another A. A+ for your blog.
    I just spent a few minutes reading through what I missed while "camping."
    Your beauty comes through via your writing.
    A+ A+ A+

    DM/

    ReplyDelete
  3. PS: I think I'm too old for your music.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay for A!
    I'm going to adjust your room even more tomorrow.
    I love a project of this nature.
    Thx for the CD!

    ReplyDelete
  5. DM- No way are you too old! This Mix CD is very generationally balanced. I'll send mom with a copy for you! And do you want to see Eclipse with us tomorrow?

    LH- One of my roommates this year was really into adjusting the room. I usually liked her plans a lot but resented having to use arm muscles to do things. So adjust away!

    KC- Hella yes, this is gonna be a July to remember.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dan totally commented on this yesterday, and now his comment is gone! He's going to be so pissed. It was extremely witty, and he made me read it before posting it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Count me in! I know I'll love the cd.
    jw

    ReplyDelete
  8. Is it too late?!? The CD sounds so fab and I adore stickers.

    I also like the idea of room adjustment. My teen daughter is away on a summer trip for 4 weeks. Would she, in your wise opinion, appreciate a slight room adjustment?

    Or would it just be Annoying?

    Love to you R!
    cb

    ReplyDelete
  9. roz roz rozz rozzzz!!
    i want a cd. but i'll settle for a letter so you have to pay less.

    ReplyDelete