Sunday, September 19, 2010

Middlesex


I have finally completed the book Middlesex. This is pretty good news, I am sure you will agree, as I have been reading it since the last weekend of July. I'm kind of a slow reader, in that sense.

The problematic thing about Middlesex is that I found the first 350 pages or so to be pretty slow. I wasn't that emotional about any of the zany symbolic things that occurred to the immigrant family of the intersex protagonist. Then Jeff Eugenides really turned it around with the final chapters. It ended extremely well. Which is more than will be said for this blog entry.

2 comments:

  1. I loved this book. ALso, I love this pic. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was an awesome trip. I've been loving Breaking Dawn, but now they're into a fight with the Volturri, so who really cares about that?

    LOVE YOU!

    ReplyDelete