Sunday, April 3, 2011

Cornie


Getting this one in late, April Image Challengers. A theme I'm thinking of developing is using archival images from Goddessmom's very established blog as my images. This one is of a toy dog that, if memory doesn't fail, Goddessmom inexplicably referred to as Cornie and that, memory definitely doesn't fail, simulated breathing through a mechanized raising and lowering of its weird fuzzy stomach. I hated that thing in '05, but probably just to be ornery because it looks really cute here.

Well. Mostly I am trying to finish this post so I can read Family Happiness by the late Laurie Colwin. Serendipitously, Tara has left her iTunes on in the room, presumably some kind of mellow playlist, and "Brighter than Sunshine" by the short-lived singer-songwriter Aqualung is streaming into the room. I was just trying to remember this song the other day! I associate it with "A Lot Like Love" starring Ashton Kutcher and Amanda Peet. When I lived in Minneapolis in the eighth grade, I saw this movie with my mother. As the credits were rolling she altered the lyrics slightly and whispered, "Let the rain fall, I don't care. I'm wearing underwear." Again, I think I pretended not to like this, but really, I thought it was funny.

Love you mom.

6 comments:

  1. I LOVE this picture and I really miss that dog. His name was Carney and he was named after Dorothy Menosky's first boyfriend, Bob Carney. I can't remember that movie or the silly thing I sang, but that really does sound like something I would do. Love you too kiddo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember this photo from the first time around! I also remember hearing about the dog.

    Where IS the dog?

    You guys are both awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. KC- Carney used to hang out at the compound when GoddessMom was a classroom teacher, hence its blanket (product of a knitting unit). I recently found it in the basement. Good riddance.

    I am now going to google Bob Carney.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Henry and hayden are arguing about whether the dog is real or not. Henry thinks it's fake and Hayden says it's real.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with KC. You and LH are awesome. So glad for this April Blogging Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. And Hayden would be correct.

    ReplyDelete