Wednesday, December 7, 2011

The Moment


I don't mean to be melodramatic about the mundane- though I claim it as a tendency- but I just totally figured out how my essay will work after days of deliberation. And four pages. Which are probably now useless. But oh man! This feels so great! I'm gonna write about representational labor of non-white bodies in terms of animals, jobs and moms. Doesn't that sound good? It's absolutely going to work.

Oh man! You're probably wondering how I did this. It all started about an hour ago when I started rewriting my thesis paragraph based on notes from office hours. Man, was that a rough hour. No idea where I was going. Then I got to the last few words and it all became totally clear.

This is wonderful. As Elaine, pictured, would probably articulate in a moment like this one, Hooray for Me.

5 comments:

  1. Way to go! Good luck getting it completed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is good news. I need to read this paper once you're done. Let's not forget that.

    Less than a week. Starting to feel like I'm going to make it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this moment! It's happened to me, too. The paper sounds rad, and just remember: those four pages were all part of the process.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm with KC. Part of the process. I have to tell myself this multiple times each week. And if it's not true, well, I just can't accept that. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WooHoo! I always did my best writing an hour or so before my college essays were due. You're way ahead of me on this one.

    ReplyDelete