Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Notes on Brad Womack



I hate blogging because it makes me emotional. I feel emotional. Plus, Metaswag listed me as his first friend link even though

1. This blog is clearly dead.
2. His other friends' blogs are clearly alive.
3. I didn't call Eliya after my grocery trip like I said I would.

...This third point is unrelated but made apparent by her Skype notification.

Fine, fine, I'll blog. But I'm only going to blog about ABC's The Bachelor. Keep reading. I'm feeling emotional. You can skip to the next hyphenated paragraph if you're short on time. ...Thanks for being a true blog follower if you're reading this sentence. Anyway, what I would really like is to sponsor a Bachelor challenge on this blog. It will be kind of like prontopup's Top Chef challenge, the only differences being

1. This will be a lot less corrupt
2. Many people watch Top Chef. Only GoddessMom and I watch the Bachelor.
2a. And maybe The Savvy Mom? Or my beloved J-Dubs? But probz not.

As a result of the combination of these two factors,

3. GoddessMom will probably win.

-- (PICK UP HERE, EFFICIENCY READERS) I know it isn't good to watch The Bachelor. When I tell people that I do it, they say wince and say, "Ha ha, tell everyone you're just doing it for Gender Studies research purposes!" I refuse to do this

1. Because it is a lie.
2. There is much to be mined on the bachelor in terms of cultural significance, but I have no original insights- it's pretty much just hella sexist, white-people-only reality television.
3. Why would I walk around announcing that I watch a two-hour-long weekly television show- alone in my room on my personal computer- "for Gender Studies research purposes"? Who would want to talk to somebody like that?

Anyway, I'm sad that I didn't call Eliya and I hope Bloomington likes being buried in snow and ice and everything nice.

Because Metaswag linked to and consequently revived my blog, I am dedicating it to him and to his one year relationship with Rachel Jordan and to Rachel Jordan. And to Brad Womack for being, you know. The Bachelor.

7 comments:

  1. 1. This blog is clearly as alive and well as ever.
    2. Why did I ever cut off my hair?
    3. Are you busy the third week of March?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Freak. This blog lives.

    I too worry about people's reactions to my Bachelor viewing. So having a Bachelor competition will be a fine antidote to this anxiety. Yay and HOORAY!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @TheLilFreak- You should both return to these hairstyles asap. And nah, think Imma be busy those days.

    @GoddessMom- Get ready! Rules and regulations to follow. HINT: Shawntel will outlive Chantel!

    ReplyDelete
  4. -I like this blog background
    -I like this blog
    -#theboys: please revert to these haircuts. #theroz: hope week was good. I feel like a good-old-fashioned-phonecall this weekend if feasible?

    ReplyDelete
  5. #thelaney- Would love it! Couldn't believe I missed a call from London at work yesterday. We can talk about The Bachelor.

    ReplyDelete
  6. HEY! My Top Chef blog challenge is NOT CORRUPT, as evidenced by my use of all-caps. Do thorny situations arise that pull us from the black-and-white "rules-and-regulations-formed-to-ensure-fair-competition" comfort zone and into the grey "hey-what's-going-on-here-this-thing-is-totally-rigged", umm, dis-comfort zone? Yes. But that's not corruption. Actually, now that I am looking back at it, it may actually be corruption, but still. It's an awesome blog challenge. Particularly this year because I am keeping a color-coded spreadsheet to track the results.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A color coded spread sheet that I am having a real hard time understanding. Which makes me fear corruption. I need transparency here.


    We're watching the Grammy's. Just fyi. Bruno Mars. So sweet.

    ReplyDelete