Monday, February 7, 2011

Report from the Ground


I have an extra half-hour in GenEq and not too many tasks to complete. I think maybe I should be womanning the table on Sproul Plaza, but who's to say, really?

Carolyn is next to me, reading a BUST magazine article about the Top 10 Greatest Adulteresses of All Time. Number 1: Aphrodite. Number 2: The Virgin Mary (#Rude. #SorryMetaswag. #AndLaney. #AndNana. #Catholicism). I have never committed adultery, but I have also never been married. Until my potential nuptials come to fruition, I will have to find another way to make it onto a BUST Top 10 list (#Jokes! #SorryNanaAgain.)

For example, Top 10 Gender Equity Resource Center Interns who Blog instead of Tabling.

My Doing Feminist Research class is reading an exemplar text for our humanistic inquiry unit called The Promise of Happiness by Sara Ahmed. A major point is that getting married is culturally linked to happiness, even though really, it shouldn't be! (#Uplifting. #ThanxSaraAhmed.) Which brings me to my two-person Bachelor Challenge. It should be noted that GoddessMom has not submitted her votes, so I will probably win by default with my suggestion that Brad Womack will eliminate Allie and Jackie tonight, thereby shattering their chances at cultural happiness. After reading Sara Ahmed's text and watching this season of The Bachelor, I would strongly recommend that the remaining women not marry Brad Womack. It won't make you happy, and unless you plan on committing adultery, it won't win you any kudos from BUST magazine. Plus, the guy is a mess.

9 comments:

  1. AShley H. The dentist gal.

    and Jackie, gal that we never hear from.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me again. I am having a hard time knowing if I've made the right choice!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's not too late to change my vote.

    It's ashley the dentist and ALLI.

    I'm ready to live tweet now! woohoo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG this is gonna be the best challenge E.V.E.R. Even if I think you're kind of a copycat for picking both of my guesses along with Dentashley.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, I changed my pix! I picked Alli to go and now she got a one on one, so ... I could be wrong. Geezlouise.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ho Ho! I'm half way to winning tonight's challenge. Sorry you're on a different time zone and I'm spoiling things for you. That's just the way it is!

    Dad's disappointed in me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You don't have to apologize to me.

    I'm considering changing my Official Facebook Religious Views from #Catholicism to #Feminism. In fact, I'mma blog on that pretty soon.

    Keep the Indiana blog rock California rolling with pics of .swee & Me! It's always a delight.

    Best wishes,
    Your Self-Appointed Best Friend

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can't wait to play next week!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Will 2 go or just one? When do we get to the home visits? and the exotic island dates? Please help with this!

    ReplyDelete