Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Miami Marlins





I am afraid of Marlins. I think I've blogged about this before. What I have not blogged about before is my fear of magical things happening and me finding out about it.


There may be a more succinct way to describe this phobia. This I do not know. It's not exactly a fear of the supernatural. And it doesn't correspond to any other personal beliefs! I've been described by Metaswag as "the true atheist" for my general lack of interest in any sort of spiritual or other-worldly phenomena.

What it is, is, like, tonight, Jenna and I are in our room, making puns with the word "rat" starting with her ingenious band name, Rat Stevens. Then I start thinking, what if Jenna actually turned into a giant rat-woman? That would be so weird! How would I deal with that? Sometimes I also think, what if I found out I could time-travel? That would really gum up the works. A whole new dimension of things to be worried about. It's not so much the fear that magic might exist, but that I will have to deal with it in a totally annoying and confusing way. Yikes!

...Really these are not the most pressing things on my mind today. I almost cried in class about the state of reproductive justice in our nation, and I'm also really nervous about war with Iran. Still, I can't deny that Jenna turning into a rat would be a pretty stressful turn of events.

6 comments:

  1. Let me know the secrets of time travel.

    I can't discuss your last paragraph because it seems like a time travel to the late 50s.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm familiar with worries like these. Also, great photo of the pals.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dude. I would go rat-shit insane if I was in you're situation. And rats the truth!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Marlins are beautiful fish, but I've always been confused as to the difference between them and swordfish.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That picture of a marlin actually freaks me out a little bit. If you were in a boat, and a marlin jumped into you, it would probably hurt like hell.

    ReplyDelete