Monday, March 5, 2012

The Atlanta Braves!


Atlanta! Home of the pictured Chipper Jones, my Auntie Joy, the Coca-Cola museum, and Drake's least favorite concert ever. And the capital of Georgia, USA, famous for peaches, pecans and peanuts!

Hey, speaking of peanuts. When I'm back in the Heartland I don't eat them because the significant oth' has a pretty nasty allergy. When I complain about this, my Beloved Father usually says, "Rosie, come on. Eat what you want! YOU don't have a peanut allergy!" I appreciate this defense of my gustatory autonomy, but I don't appreciate having to make vague gesticulations indicating [kissing] in conversation with my dad.

Here in the Wild West, I can't get enough of the peanut stuff. Last night I made up a mess of peanut noodles to bring to work all week! I was too nervous to use red pepper, so they are of the Non-Spicy variety. Which is exactly what I thought I wanted, but it turns out that this makes them kind of taste like Non-Peanut noodles. Oh well. Hopefully my mild lunch will usher in more mild weather. I'm pretty sure that's how stuff works.

Go Braves!

7 comments:

  1. First in line with the Atlanta Braves... well done. I do love Atlanta. Don't forget the Jimmy Carter Museum (or maybe I should save that one).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Peanuts and beer are the best two things to have in your hand at a baseball game.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great connection on this! Love it. I have visited Atlanta, and I also love it. I saw some Olympics there one time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Peanuts are one of the best things ever. I do understand wanting avoid such conversations with your dad. If I had a dollar for every time I found myself in a similar situation I'd be so rich!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm always nervous that we're going to inadvertently kill your boyfriend with the peanuts and peanut butter. I would not be happy AT ALL if this happened. I just think he's awesome.

    PS : Is that pic of Chipper?

    ReplyDelete