Sunday, June 16, 2013

The Other Side

Though the above-evidenced cross country road trip clocks in at a close second, the best thing to happen to me since graduating a month ago is definitely my discovery of "Hit the Floor." This brand-new vH1 scripted series burrows into the political underbelly of fictional NBA cheerleading squad the Los Angeles Devil Girls and follows the virgin season of Ahsha (newcomer Taylor Paige). To quote the late great Bill Hader, this show has everything: overlong dance routines, an improbably supportive non-baller boyfriend who will clearly be outta the picture by episode 4, envelopes full of $50 bills, implied cunnilingus, and for heaven's sake, the guy who played Donna's dad on "That 70s Show!"

I can scarcely believe my luck at having stumbled upon this gem. As anyone reading this probably knows, the only series I've ever watched from pilot to finale is HBO's "Entourage," but I've been really hoping to hop aboard a new televised train and ride it into the sunset. As it were, to Hit the Floor running. I thought I would miss living in a mansion with my 12 best friends, but in retrospect, I dunno how I got by a single day before meeting the Devil Girls. Things are on the up-and-up, my dears. That's for damned sure.

4 comments:

  1. Ros, your use of hyperlinks is top-notch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm tempted to get a cable package just from this post. Kudos to you on graduating!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Political underbelly. This phrase is making me laugh out loud, aka lol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Did y'all hear about the learning blog challenge about to start up? Get on board!

    ReplyDelete