Thursday, February 24, 2011


Aight Aight 'sphere. Done with a long, stressful week saying goodbye to my beautiful brother The Q and writing a take-home midterm and coughing a lot. And, might I add, not being prescribed antibiotics. I am sort of wondering if the doctor I saw at the TANG center knows that Alicia's cough is worse than mine and didn't give me antibiotics because he prescribes on a curve. By neglecting to see a doctor in the first place, Alicia has deprived the entire Berkeley population of Amoxicillin. Great, babe. Appreciate it.

Oh, man. Another thing I'm finally getting to do tonight is hulu Monday's The Bachelor: Episode 8. I have it up in another browser, and guess what? Brad Womack just said the first funny thing he has ever said after meeting Chantal O's little dog in a sweater. It was, "Hey, you know what's funny? Chantal told me Boca would bite me, but Boca loves me!" Thanks for letting us know, Brad. That is kinda funny!

Oh my gosh, this is unprecedented. A second joke? Humorous self-deprecation? Is this guy charming or something? This wave of humor has got me thinking about how my life would be different if Brad Womack were my Head Bro in Charge (Copyright: New York) instead of Megaswatrick. I wonder if I would get little text messages throughout the week that said things like "Sup RZA. 2/4 dads just hit your boy up w/ the Marriage Blessing. #HometownDates. #PatriarchySwag."

Speaking of which. Today GoddessMom and I talked on the phone and she told me that she thinks Metaswag is a great blog because of its rhythm, voice, and honesty. This made me feel kind of jealous, but also very proud and inspired. It's a little difficult to not subconsciously model this blog after this one, but I gotta keep it California real. Anyway, she might just have said this because she taught Metaswag how to write.

Next weekend I am going to Hartford to meet E.swee's Connecticut bros, who are named stuff like Lam. Incidentally, Carolyn knows who Lam is and referenced him yesterday. I think that's awesome. I like for everyone to know who everyone else is. Because, you know. It's a hella big country.

5 comments:

  1. You're too kind. Thank you, GoddessTeacher. And I do hope that your cough disappears soon. Being sick is hella lame. We should be totally healthy for our Big Break.

    I too think it's great for everyone to know everyone.

    PS That's a great picture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It IS a great picture. Swag appears to be very strong indeed.

    Yay. Great blogging here. Well done, dear! And thanks SwagT. I'm really loving your blog too. I want everyone in the world to blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did you see the video I made in support of public education????

    I've been waiting for you to compliment it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are my blog inspiration.
    Why didn't we watch Big Love this week?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Right that's my question. And now we can't watch it until after your midterm, right?

    P.S. You're gonna be the inspiration for my next blog.

    ReplyDelete