Monday, February 14, 2011

Holding down the fort


I write to you as we approach the Ides of Frugal February. I am calling it this because I am broke and have passed a resolution to live not within, but Below my means, as was recommended to me in a TIME magazine article about early retirement. I don't mean to be ungrateful about the considerable resources generously bestowed upon me by SuperFamily and the lucky end of capitalism, but where personal finances come into play, it's hard to get much lower than My Means. If my means were a limbo stick, only people like Snooki would be able to rollerskate underneath it. That being said, the week of February 7-13 was a fairly successful one, as my purchases were limited to one (1) box of Raisin Bran and four (4) packages of Ramen (2 chicken, 1 beef, and 1 problematically flavored "Oriental").

All this Not Buying Pastries for Breakfast has really taken its toll, and I would like nothing more than to descend into dreamland, but as you know, Gentle Readership, I have a job to do, and that job is to manage my awesome Bachelor challenge. You never know what could come up when your contestants don't all watch the program simultaneously. Especially one weeks like this one, when no one on the whole internet wants to tell you how many women are eliminated this week. That's why a truly dedicated Reality Challenge Blog Master comes up with regulations beforehand, so that when alittleleeway loses again this week, there can be no (probably just!) accusations of foul play. I know some RCBMs have had trouble with this concept in the past, and gosh, that's understandable! It's a tough job and it's certainly not for everyone. It doesn't take a color-coded spreadsheet to tell you that you've really either got it or you don't. But all that aside: CHALLENGERS (i.e., GoddessMom): Let's all pick 2 women for tomorrow, though there's a chance just one will go home. I suppose there's a chance everyone will go home; the only info I have is that there will be a steamy performance by Bankie Banx (?). My pix are Ashely H. and Britt, even though I love Britt. What a doll! And a food critic! I wonder what she thinks of Raisin Bran and Ramen. Guest blog opportunity? Britt, have your people contact my people.

12 comments:

  1. Is Marissa still on? It's impossible to figure this out. If she is, I say she has to go. And probably Chantal N, the funeral director.

    Please write back soon to help me if I'm wrong about Marissa still being there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your trill talk has totally confused me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're wrong about Marissa still being there. Your options are Shawntal N, Chantal O, Britt, Emily, Michelle and Ashley H.

    @Swagtrick-don't worry about it too hard.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay. Chantal N and Michelle.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I kind of wish I hadn't picked who I picked since I'm now watching the show, but I'm going to stick with it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mom! You are always giving stuff away! But, I still love you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Have you noticed that I'm live tweeting the show?

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's a good one. Lots of drama and intrigue.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Damn it! I didn't do it again!! I have to try harder to find time to watch the Bachelor.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Here's how I'm predicting for this evening:

    If one woman goes home: Shawntal the funeral director.

    If two go home, Ashley will be the second.

    but i think only one will go home.

    Love you doll

    ReplyDelete
  11. love u 2. My pick = also shawntal. so this is a wash of a round. -r

    ReplyDelete