Friday, April 8, 2011

Indiana Jones


Some disappointing facts about Indiana Jones:

1. He is not from Indiana
2. He does not really have anything to do with Indiana
3. His approach to arc raiding is decidedly colonial.

Watching Raiders Of with Tara tonight, I had some pretty strong memories of my last trip to Disney Land circa 1996. When GoddessMom asked if I wanted to ride the Indiana Jones ride, I thought, how special! A ride built just for Indiana!

I also remember Mr. Toad's Wild Ride, which prompted an attempt on the part of my
father to read The Wind and the Willows out loud to me, but it was too boring.

I'd go back if I had a little kid with me but not otherwise.





P.S. Part of the California readership reports being "bored" of pictures of Patrick and Adrian. Well, there you have it.

6 comments:

  1. I really like this little giraffe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will def take the children to Disney, but I don't see any reason to go there as an adult.

    Cute giraffe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We never went on Mr. Toad’s Wild Ride. We spent a lot of time on the Buzz Lightyear ride.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a tiny giraffe. He looks comfortable.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great image! BTW- I totally agree with #3 (decidedly colonial).

    ReplyDelete
  6. In college, I used Indiana Jones as a way of analyzing Gerard Manley Hopkins' poem "God's Grandeur." I think that is the first time anyone has done that. I got an A, though.

    Also, I first saw that movie when I was too young and the final scene kind of haunted me for a while.

    ReplyDelete