Monday, May 30, 2011

The June Blogging Challenge


The Challenge is, if you want to write about a movie or some sort of film media on Wednesdays, you can!

Today I went to a Bloomington swimming pool called Mills. I haven't attended this swimming pool since approximately 2001. It's on the other side of town next to Trinorth middle school, which I did not attend. The slide there is pretty scary, because it lets you off about six feet above the water.

I asked a fellow swimmer in the slide line if he'd been on the slide before. He responded in the affirmative.

"Was it scary?" I asked.
"Not that much," he said consolingly. "The one at Bryan Park is way scarier."

I knew this not to be true, Bryan Park being "my pool", but decided to slide regardless.
It was pretty scary and felt bad when I plunged several feet below the water. It was probably symbolic of my "plunge into summer", except that so far plunging into summer has been really nice.

8 comments:

  1. Do you like that song by John Denver, called "My Sweet Lady?" Remember I played it for you a few minutes ago?
    Lady, Are you crying? Do the tears belong to me?

    I love that line.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I CAN NOT WAIT TO WRITE ABOUT 12 ROUNDS ON WEDNESDAY. Saw it on the plane. Super good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh! I love a challenge! Count me in!

    Props on plunging into summer in such a literal way - Mills pool is intense... *shiver*

    ReplyDelete
  4. I’m going to have to agree with that kid at Mills. The green slide at Bryan Park that shoots you straight into the water, scares me. Henry says that you are right, and he reminded me that I had to trick him to go down the red slide at Mills.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm IN for the challenge. Also, I'm oddly drawn to water slides. Have you been to Wisconsin Dells?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Never been to the Wisconsin Dells! I don't think so, anyway. I really like waterslides, too, but I like them best when they're giant and at amusement parks.

    @EmDex- Mills pool was so cold! Refreshing but shivery. Excited to read everyone's movie reviews tomorrow.
    -R

    ReplyDelete
  7. You gotta go to the Dells!!! I'll come too.

    ReplyDelete