Sunday, May 1, 2011

United States of Gorgeous.


GoddessMom's photographs are so beautiful lately. Can't wait to get back into the picture game this summer.

At a library computer because my laptop debacle is still not solved. My dad offered to call Dell, but I opted to do it myself to demonstrate maturity, independence and responsibility. As such, Dell has not been called.

Last night, while the roommates went out and Jenna performed in her co-op's music and story night, I stayed in by myself eating peanut butter on rice cakes and watching "American Beauty".

FACT: I had never seen "American Beauty" before.
FACT: I had 7.5/10 expectations for "American Beauty", based on a synthesis of my dad's verbal reviews. We like all the same things, and we don't like ewoks.
FACT: After watching "American Beauty" alone in my dark apartment I was so disturbed that I watched about 25 minutes of "Soul Plane" on BET.

I guess that I liked "American Beauty". A few well-placed one-liners could have done wonders, though I suppose there was some joy in watching Annette sing "Don't Rain on My Parade". Annette! So great. Impossible to love her any more than I already do.

On the whole, I consider "American Beauty" to be one of the least pleasant films I have ever watched. I never enjoyed it. Somehow, though, it was a lot more palatable and engaging than Metaswag's Spring Break 2010 screening of "Blue Velvet". That night also saw me lose the minivan keys, inducing some external stress.

Home in 13 days!

4 comments:

  1. That movie kind of depressed me. But it was good too.

    13 days 13 days 13 days! I'm kind of freaking out waiting for you to get here.

    But you should remember to focus on your classes! FINISH STRONG is my new motto.

    If I were you, I wouldn't watch Rabbit Hole right now. It's pretty great, but really sad too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw this movie when it came out, and I think it really depressed me, too.

    I probably won't see Rabbit Hole. At this point in my life, I can only really handle Rom Coms and Jason Bourne.

    Maybe you guys can both visit Mpls in 13 days??? That would be so awes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmm....might have forgotten to mention that despite thinking the movie was great, I found it
    totally uncomfortable and unpleasant.

    Re: Rabbit Hole. Don't see it if you're (a) in a good mood or (b) in a bad mood. But that said, it's probably as close to a perfect movie as I've seen in many years in terms of every scene ringing absolutely true and in terms of spectacular acting.

    Re: the laptop. Just text me that serial number
    and make and I'll make the call.

    12 DAYS!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. All the tests and papers. Going well?

    ReplyDelete