Monday, June 6, 2011

Animals


Some people do not put a lot of stock in dreams. Those people are fools.

My reasons for this (beyond a sentimental and probably unfeminist affection for Freud inherited from my brilliant Grandma Rae) include but are not limited to

1. The fact (and this 1 is cool) that GoddessMom and I both have recurring unpleasant dreams about animals in our care that are in an inappropriate situation, like a giant squid stuffed in a fish bowl or a sea lion in a children's pool.
2. Isn't that enough for you people? #TeamDreamGenes.

I can't remember my animal dream last night, but I know it happened because I woke up thinking about it. I was probably asking for it because last night I walked around with Adrian sort of late in a quiet, residential part of Bloomington and we came up with a list of Most Terrifying Animals to Appear from the Shadows in Park Ridge East.

Including but not limited to
-a wolf
-a rhino
-a polar bear
-a panther
-a giant alligator that would crawl towards us and stop two feet ahead, mouth agape.

4 comments:

  1. That's so weird about the common dreams!! I like Freud, too. I think it's because he's the only theorist I kind of understood in my theory class.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't say I share the same love of Freud, but I do believe in the power of dreams. They often come at just the right time, offering the exact bit of insight that you need.

    Also, I think the only thing more terrifying than an alligator with its mouth agape would be a rabies infested chipmunk. While the alligator is more frightening up front, the chipmunk seems adorable until it decides to attack, and it's so small and agile - how would you stand a chance?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had another one of these recently. Hamsters of various sizes were roaming around the house. I was trying not to be afraid.

    ReplyDelete