Sunday, August 14, 2011

H


"Have you seen ____?" is an inquiry that I never Hesitate to answer in the affirmative, regardless of the affirmative's truth value. Hopefully you'll refrain from Harsh judgment me out on this one- I defend this lack of Honesty with my whole Heart.

Hear me out: there is no reason to tell anyone to whom I am Having a conversation that I "actually Haven't ever seen [Pulp Fiction/ The Godfather/ The Godfather 2/ The Princess Bride/ Annie Hall/ Gone with the Wind/ anything by Hitchcock". That would only force that person to respond with, "Hella what! You HAVEN'T? You HAVE to!" And then everyone would feel bad, especially me. I know stuff that Happens in all of these movies, or at least enough to fake it til I make it. If I've ever told you that I Have seen a movie, chances are, you were probably Hoodwinked.

7 comments:

  1. I typically don't like to sit through movies, but I have seen Pulp Fiction.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw the Help with my mother yesterday. It should be one that everyone sees.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We just got back from The Help! Really liked it.

    (This isn't a lie.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I liked it too. Reading some critical reviews tonight. Interesting stuff. Also read a great interview with Viola Davis. (I think I have her name right).

    I really like your use of the term "hoodwinked." I've not used that enough lately.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I liked the book The Help quite a lot. Couldn't put it down. I'd be interested in the critical reviews, too.

    Overall, I'm really glad you're no longer ill.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My sister is coming to town and I've been thinking we would see The Help. This confirms it. We will see The Help.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I actually really did watch Pulp Fiction last nite. See the help!

    ReplyDelete